About the job
Total Traffic + Weather Network
iHeartMedia is looking for a weekend sports anchor. Position anchors multiple stations throughout the country during the afternoons/evenings on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Please be sure you are available to work these shifts if you are applying. These stations are top level/major markets – we require a seasoned vet with heavy experience anchoring sports.
- Plans, writes, edits and voices local and national sports reports
- Finalizes content using digital audio editing software
- Maintains crucial deadlines to provide sports stories in a timely fashion
- Repackages content for sportscasts
- May prepare written content for social media platforms
- Write, produce and deliver AM drive newscasts
- Will also edit and collect sports text content and audio for wire service
- Extensive sports/news writing and anchoring experience.
- Thorough knowledge of sports is required
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work under minimal supervision- must be dependable
- Must be detail oriented and able to “follow-up until resolved”
- Adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
- Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
- Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours – Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays (afternoon/evening)
- 5 + years of experience in a similar sports/news department operation
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred but, not required
Location: Phoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 400, 85008
Position Type: Regular
Compensation And Benefits
- iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan with matching contributions (currently suspended)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for benefit-eligible employees and all household members at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .