About the job
About The Team
The Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting team is responsible for the accurate presentation of all SEC reporting and analysis, the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards, and research and conclusions on technical accounting matters. Our team acts as a vital business partner to the organization, working closely with the Investor Relations team on quarter-end planning and reporting, collaborating with business management on unusual transactions, and partnering with corporate development and strategy on the financial statement impacts of business decisions.
About The Role
- This role requires an ambitious, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual with a proven track record of producing timely and high-quality work within tight deadlines. This person will demonstrate excellent project management skills, thrive in the details, and enjoy the challenge of analyzing technical accounting matters. In this role you will:
- Assist in the preparation of required SEC reports (e.g., 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, 8-K’s).
- Ensure financial statements, disclosures and MD&A are compliant with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Adhere to the quarterly timeline of deliverables to ensure timely filings.
- Liaise with the internal and external audit team to provide support, respond to questions, and track resolution of issues.
- Assist with research, analysis, and implementation of new accounting policies and standards.
- Assist with research and documentation associated with technical accounting matters, including acquisitions, lease accounting, revenue recognition, share-based compensation, convertible debt, etc.
- This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Active CPA license or actively pursuing completion of the CPA exam within 12 months of start date required.
- An experienced professional, with a minimum of 1-2 years of overall accounting and/or auditing experience.
- An accountant with a solid understanding of SEC reporting and GAAP.
- A detail-oriented, organized person.
- An excellent communicator, with superb written and oral communication skills.
- In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand real experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also building the workplace of the future, where our employees are less tethered to the office, and have more flexibility in their lives. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021, TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021, and Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.