About the job
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Performs 1st, 2nd and targeted reviews on client financial statements, quarterly holdings, Form N-MFP, ensures all regulatory filings are made on time; manages draft and support distribution to all parties
- Comprehend the scope of services offered to clients and reviews with the team; demonstrate technical expertise; ensure team meets all client deliverables and manages relationships of assigned clients
- Ensure all controls/checklists and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for improvement
- Proactively managing risk at the business level; feel fully accountable for all steps of the production chain
- Ensures effective use of automation (FundSuite, MCH, Macros, etc.) and make recommendations for current system enhancements
- Oversees the effective coordination of activities between multiple departments within State Street, including our global offshoring partners
- Coordinates the research and resolution of any accounting issue, auditor or client comments and/or JV inquiries
- Responsible for reviewing staff-level work, as needed
- Participates in the resolution of client issues
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 4 to 6 years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred
- Demonstrates strong technical skills, as well as problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which include excellent time management skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
Job ID: R-699386