About the job
The Financial Reporting and Accounting Analyst also known internally as the External Reporting and Technical Accounting Specialist position reports to the senior manager of Technical Accounting and Research:
- Will be responsible for supporting certain aspects external reporting filings and communications to investor community including preparation of certain footnote disclosures and proofreading financial report filings as well as communication packages to the investors/parents.
- Will be heavily involved with accounting research and footnote preparation
- In addition to being detail-oriented, well-organized, and an excellent team player, this candidate must possess a high degree of initiative, the ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment, the ability to work independently, and the ability to thrive in Lexmark’s dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Specialized accounting requirements and responsibilities include:
- Strong project management skills to assist in implementation of new accounting guidance as they arise
- Complete disclosures for required financial statement filings and maintaining understanding of private and public company rules and
- Strong understanding of foreign currency matters
- Understanding of China Accounting Standards including key differences from US GAAP a plus
- Assistance with fulfilling China reporting requests
- Ability to design and implement processes related to reporting
- Key participation in researching complex accounting topics as they arise
- Must be able to perform research and prepare position papers/memos as needed
- Key participation in resolution of external and internal audit fieldwork and requirements including closure of significant items with external auditors.
- Key participation in other significant and complex accounting and external reporting matters
Education/Experience Desired in a Successful Candidate:
- Minimum of a BS degree in accounting/finance. Masters’ preferred
- CPA designation is required
- Footnote preparation experience required
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in reporting and accounting research responsibilities for a large multi-national company
- Strong computer and system skills
- Experience in SAP and implementation of consolidations systems a plus
- Experience with revenue recognition, leases, and hedge accounting preferred
- Valuation experience a plus
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions desired
- Technology industry experience preferred
*Prefer a hire based in Lexington, KY for close proximity to the Lexmark international corporate headquarters but would consider a remote hire in areas such as Louisville, KY or Cincinnati, OH or other areas which allow a less than 2 hour trip by car to headquarters for periodic onsite meetings.