Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
The Financial Reporting Analyst will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager. This position’s primary role is responsible for performing aspects of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting close process and the financial reporting process. This individual has the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Great interpersonal skills, excellent English verbal and written communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to follow procedures accurately, strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare month-end/quarter-end journal entries related to certain accounting areas
- Prepare operating result analysis such as ASP by product
- Review inter-company reconciliation of subsidiary company
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for internal management review
- Prepare monthly account analysis for certain balance sheet accounts and P&L accounts
- Prepare financial statement flux analysis template and consolidate detailed explanations for management review
- Prepare subsidiary monthly financial reports, elimination entries and consolidated financial reports.
- Assist preparing various footnotes schedules for quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K reports filed with the SEC
- Provide requisite schedules/reports for quarterly reviews/annual audits with external auditors and for press releases relating to quarterly and annual earnings
- Assist in quarterly review and annual audit with external and internal auditors
- Assist in development and implementation of processes and procedures to enhance team contribution
- B.S. or B.A in Accounting or Finance
- Strong GAAP accounting, analytical and problem solving skills
- 2+ years of accounting and/or auditing with exposure to accounting/financial reporting from Fortune 500 or high growth firm in the high-tech manufacturing industry
- Advanced level in Excel; Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Must be very detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate, including written and oral, with Accounting, IT Resources, and Operations, across all levels of the organization
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- The ability to sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment, maintain composure and focus under pressure and deadline
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Able to sit for long periods of time.Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.Occasional bending and standing.Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditionsMay be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.