About the job
SPS Commerce is looking for a Financial Reporting Analyst with a strong interest in SEC reporting. This opportunity is perfect for someone who’s looking to make a move out of public accounting and continue their career growth with exposure to many parts of the company by showing Results Matter! We’re a high-performing and fast-paced Finance group within a growing, employees first company. We are looking for someone to join our team who wants to Know More To Be More and help us Win Today, Win Tomorrow.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you have a passion for SEC reporting?
- Do you have an energetic willingness to work, change, learn, and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume, rapidly changing work environment?
- Do you have a positive attitude and a desire to try new approaches and work with new tools to drive improvements?
- Are you timely and accurate completing of work, while actively gathering and sharing information as necessary to successfully complete job functions and effectively manage your own workload?
- With over 79 consecutive quarters of growth, we know how to win
- We’re part of a movement that is disrupting the way retailers and consumers interact
- We have a great commitment to your professional development. We know that our growth is built on the strengths of our team, so investing in employee growth is a priority
The Financial Reporting Analyst will prepare and reconcile financial statements for SEC reporting while assisting in technical research and executing on financial reporting projects. The Financial Reporting Analyst will also assist with SOX testing and external audit requests.
- Prepare and reconcile internal, external, and SEC financial statement reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Research technical accounting matters
- Assist in maintaining and tracking accounting policies and significant accounting transactions
- Prepare journal entries for significant transactions and reconcile related general ledger accounts
- Perform SOX testing and documentation, as needed
- Support external audit requests
- Be a proactive business partner to other departments within the organization by providing accurate and consistent reporting
- Execute on financial projects and perform other miscellaneous responsibilities and special projects, as needed
Key Skills and Experiences needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, CPA preferred
- 1+ years of public accounting experience or 2+ years of Financial Reporting experience
- Working knowledge of U.S GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external parties