Full Job Description
- At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Corporate Communications team, this individual will work closely with other team members, subject matter experts, business leaders and internal / external partners to plan and develop a persuasive external communications platform that differentiates Kyndryl and advances the strategic priorities of the company with specific external target audiences, including press, clients, government leaders, partners, developers, academia, analysts and other stakeholders.
- Corporate Communications works closely with teams across Corporate Affairs, including Internal & Executive Communications and Global Communications to ensure that our communications – both internally and externally – are aligned with the overall corporate narrative and goals. The team also plays a key role in longer term planning of corporate communications initiatives to support Kyndryl’s key focus areas and growth story.
- Develops relationships with Kyndryl financial spokespeople and subject matter experts (SMEs). Schedules Spokesperson/SME interviews with key financial media aimed at retail investors, provides them with talking points and briefing packages, and helps coach them in effective communication.
- Analyzes the organization’s objectives and needs to build public relations strategies that influence investor opinion, promote business goals and support the stock. Creates and executes robust communications engagement strategy and plan to advance relationships and demonstrate the effectiveness of Kyndryl’s strategy and path to growth.
- Writes newsletter and other direct communications that amplify earnings communications, announcements and filings for retail investors.
- Identifies, cultivates and prioritizes relationships with key financial reporters at major national and trade media geared toward retail investors. Reaches out to reporters to pitch stories, offer subject matter expertise and correct errors. Manages reporter interactions surrounding earnings and other key financial announcements. Responds to requests for information from the media.
- Monitors the tone, quality and quantity of media coverage about Kyndryl’s financial position and its competitors’.
- Develops campaigns using earned and owned media to maintain favorable views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments among retail investors. Analyzes audience to understand strategic positioning, key messages and appropriate mediums that will resonate.
- Writes blogs, social media posts and produces other communications materials that tell the Kyndryl growth story, and explain business developments to retail investors.
- Works with Owned Media team to create wholistic storytelling strategies using earned and owned media. Collaborates on production of the Annual Report, content for Investor Days and Annual Shareholders’ Meeting, and content surrounding significant financial announcements or filings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of proven experience interacting with traditional and digital media; developing and maintaining relationships with editors, journalists and web influencers; and developing and managing communications campaigns in a corporate or agency setting.
- Deep understanding of financial concepts and financial communications.
- Expert on, or intellectual curiosity for, Kyndryl’s past, present and future with a deep understanding of the enterprise technology industry and its evolving position in the business world and society.
- Ability to apply Kyndryl’s strategy, values and brand to shape perception and build advocacy both inside and outside Kyndryl.
- Creative, clear strategic thinker with excellent research, writing and editing skills and the ability to translate core ideas into a wide range of relevant, compelling communications, including speeches, visual presentations, digital assets, etc.
- Track record of successfully delivering quality content consistently, ethically, professionally and on time (in the face of demanding deadlines), while always demonstrating discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Adept at collaborating and working well with people across the organization. Able to build cross-disciplinary networks of SMEs to contribute detailed content and expertise as needed for effective financial communications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Former journalism experience
- Relationships with financial media
- Experience with external communications for services businesses a plus
- Experience driving social engagement via LinkedIn and other platforms a plus
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.