About the job
Are you an analytical mind able to identify trends in the data?
Are you passionate about details and continuous improvement?
Join our Finance Team in Media
The Finance teams manage all financial and budgeting aspects of the organizations they support. The Financial Analyst will be part of a three-member team and report to the Director of Media Americas Sales Finance. The team is responsible for forecasting and tracking Media Americas Revenue, and Traffic at a company, region and customer level.
Partner with the best
The Financial Analyst role is based at Akamai headquarters in Cambridge, MA and will be focusing on monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis for the Media/Carrier Division, specifically revenue and profitability, in-depth analysis of performance, support of business case development and the annual budget process, and other ad-hoc as required.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for-
- Working to forecast, analyze and report on Media Americas revenue, traffic and bookings.
- Assisting in monthly reporting process by looking at actuals vs budget, variance analysis and trends
- Assisting in preparing financial reports used in the CFO Review and Media close meetings
- Participating in the Media Americas revenue, traffic and bookings forecasting, and preparing ad hoc financial analyses
- Developing and maintaining rolling 12-month revenue and traffic models.
Do What You Love
- To be successful in this role you will-
- 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
- Have demonstrated ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workloads with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to spot trends in financial data to use in future forecasts
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft Suite
- We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
- At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life-
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
- Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams drive progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.