Patra is a leading provider of Technology-Enabled Services to the insurance industry. Patra’s team of global experts allow brokers, MGAs, wholesalers and carriers to capture the Patra Advantage – profitable growth and organizational value.
Patra powers insurance processes by optimizing the application of people and technology; supporting insurance organizations as they sell, deliver and manage policies for their customers.
About this job
Seeking an ambitious finance professional looking to advance their career by learning and developing themselves in a high growth and evolving organization. Along with a strong analytical mindset, this role will require a significant amount of partnership both with the business and our internal finance team. You will collaborate and report to the FP&A Manager to drive finance disciplines and visibility within the organization to help guide the business with data-driven decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and fast-growing business in a role where you will have regular interaction with executives and various business units across the organization. You will work closely with the Head of FP&A to help drive finance discipline, data-driven decisions, and financial visibility within the organization. You will assist in regular financial planning activities, help with regular and ad-hoc financial reporting to various stakeholders, and play a role in a range of finance-based projects.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills, data mining and modeling capabilities, keen attention to detail, sound logical reasoning, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Perform financial and operational analysis to support the annual budgeting process and periodic forecasting. Communicate with supervisor and business partners to help maintain and organize data.
- Work closely with Finance team on a range of financial analysis and reporting tasks including regular monthly reporting to financial stakeholders, ad-hoc analysis of financials, and other analysis for business partners to support business decisions.
- Navigate various financial systems to develop and maintain integrity of financial reports to provide further insight to the business. Evaluate data, prepare planning processes, analyze trends, and present results to supervisor.
- Coordinate and collaborate with colleagues across global operations to organize, analyze, and draw insights from financial data to assemble meaningful discussions with hiring manager and other business partners.
- Maintain integrity of financial allocations being applied across various business divisions. Be able to reconcile and understand the flow of information being applied to these various departments.
- Create insightful slides for presentations that accurately summarize data and facilitate dialog for decision-making.
- Other Ad Hoc finance-related tasks and responsibilities that may arise.
Minimum Requirements – Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Economics.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a finance role within a fast-paced organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of general accounting (US GAAP) principles and processes.
- Experienced at budgeting and forecasting. Must be able to work with others to develop and organize detailed financial plans.
- Highly proficient in Excel and comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Experience working with GL systems and budgeting/forecasting applications.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal US business hours to interact with international operations.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a growing environment. Must be reliable, dependable, and accurate.
- Proven ability to generate and manage financial data sets and reports that support data-driven decisions.
- Financial analysis and reporting ability necessary for accurately representing and communicating business results in financial statements.
- Hands-on financial experience performing budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Analytical and modeling experience; experience working with large datasets. Must be able to utilize and leverage Excel coherently.
- Comfortable manipulating data to identify and track key trends and KPIs to help drive business decisions.
- Ability to learn and embrace ambiguity in evolving processes. Eagerness to grow and expand in role.
- Excellent organizational competency, strategically focused, attention to detail and ability to navigate ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to independently gather, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments. Requires ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Work from home
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; no satellite
Competitive Salary / Benefits / PTO
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Sort/file paperwork, rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Patra Corp will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Patra colleagues and clients and with external organizations
Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Patra Corp policies and procedures