Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is hiring for our corporate finance team. You will be part of a team that acts as the “glue” across Finance to drive Atlassian’s continued success. You will provide insightful recommendations to the Executive Team in support of our most strategic decisions and resource allocations. You will be responsible for strategic, annual and quarterly operating planning for the entire company. You will work across our product groups and the Finance organization to drive the growth of our business.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company. The role is ideally suited if you are a hardworking professional interested in developing an intimate understanding of the Atlassian business.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Work with senior leaders across the company to monitor & communicate company performance, coordinate company planning and empower leaders in managing their business.
- Drive growth and operational improvements across FPA.
- Develop and forecast the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows of the company to assess the short term and long term financial future of the business.
- Work closely with the Tax team to estimate tax exposure.
- Reporting to the FP&A Manager, you will be involved in teams driving key changes across the company.
- Have a deep understanding and influence of the key drivers of the Atlassian organization.
- Partner with the broader finance teams (IR, Controllership, Treasury, Tax, etc.), program management and strategy teams.
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect You To
- Experience in a financial/analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking.
- Extensive experience with Corporate FPA and managing/tracking business metrics.
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Excellent organization skills and experience managing projects with a wide range of partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance partners
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to help influence key decisions.
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to seek problems independently.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and cross functional collaboration skills.
It’s Great, But Not Required If You Have
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g., Anaplan)
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Business, Economics or Finance
More About Our Team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company’s core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company’s continued growth. You’ll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More About Our Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More About Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.