About the job
Fahrenheit Advisors has been retained to assist our client, Campbell Oil Company in their search for a Financial Analyst to join their team in Elizabethtown, NC. Campbell Oil Company is a 70-year-old, family-owned and operated company. Founded as a full-service gas station that has since expanded into convenience stores (44 locations), fast food (22 locations), and fuels and lubes. Campbell Oil Company is known not only for its commitment to building lasting relationships but also for creating a work environment that is fueled by passion.
Campbell Oil Company is seeking to fill the position of Financial Analyst, who will facilitate the scalability of the business by playing a supporting role in financial and operational reporting; IT systems management; budgeting and planning; working capital and cash flow management. The ideal candidate will have proven experience as a senior analyst in dynamic, fast-paced environments. He/she must have a detailed understanding of financial and operating metrics and the levers that drive profitability. The Financial Analyst must be effective working with all functional leadership within Campbell Oil Company including the President, CFO, Director of Human Resources, and EVP of Retail and Wholesale Divisions. A successful person in this role will possess attention to detail, technical knowledge, communication and organizational skills. This will be an individual contributor role.
Key / Major Responsibilities and Activities are:
- Work closely with the CFO in supporting the President and each Division/Department Leader.
- Manage liquidity including forecast and reporting for monthly future and current financial/liquidity needs for each division/department.
- Track and maintain growth and maintenance capital expenditure for each Division/Department.
- Participate in management/division/department meetings and provide feedback.
- Measure, monitor, and report on KPI’s for each Division/Department.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data/metrics.
- Stays current and aware of new regulations; participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
- Monitor Accounts Receivables for each Division/Department and report findings.
- Develop and monitor DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) goals for each Department/Division.
- Meets deadlines for preparation and management of operating and capital budgets for the Company.
- Work to improve and make suggested changes to internal controls within the Company.
- Monitor all bank required covenants and develop financial models to forecast covenant compliance and liquidity.
- Serve as backup and support to the divisional Controllers
Specific responsibilities/duties include:
OPERATIONS SUPPORT (Wholesale Division):
- The person will serve as the main support contact for the Wholesale Operations Team.
- This person will need to attend Wholesale Operations Team Meetings during the week. The purpose for this will be to provide financial feedback and support to the Ops Team.
- Provide feedback and reporting for improvement to each Wholesale Profit Center.
- Support and mentor lower-level leaders about the financials of their respective area.
- Support the Divisions on their Monthly Financial Reporting packet and meeting.
- Work with each Division Leader on their Leadership Team’s incentive plan(s)
- Report monthly liquidity management and forecasting
- Statement of Cash Flow presentation and reporting. We would like to track this by Division.
- Monitor Capital Expenditure for both growth and maintenance needs to be developed, managed and reported on a monthly basis.
- Work with the CFO on the development of a Shareholder Distribution Plan.
- This position will be the backup to the CFO for our Banking relationships.
Develop technology enhancements that will streamline the business and the accounting/billing process.
Working with each Division Leader on technology improvements to their Division.
Support existing Accounting team with the installation of the new ERP system.
Network with other industry experts/companies to share “Best Practices”.
Advisory Board Meeting
- Support the CFO and Management at the Advisory Board meetings.
- Take detailed notes and minutes of these meetings including action items.
- It is expected that the Candidate will spend 50% of their time working with the Division/Department Managers.
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-5 Years’ experience in a Financial Analyst role preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills and abilities.
- A track record of delivering measurable results.
- Strong communicator with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for Automation, Technology and Process Improvement
- Ability to deliver outstanding tangible results with an intense focus on: Forecasting, Budgeting and Leadership.
- Expert in the field of Data Analysis and Performance Metrics.
- Leads by example – drives team enthusiasm, inspires and energizes employees.
- Sets and achieves goals; delivers outstanding measurable results.
- Big picture-oriented, while focusing on the details; anticipates barriers and proactively addresses potential pitfalls.
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility
- Passion for excellence in people, processes and products
- Independent worker that needs little to no oversight
General Benefits & Compensation Info:
Competitive Pay / Salary 401K and Profit-Sharing Bonus / Incentive Program Vacation Time
Sick Leave/ Health Insurance