About the job
POLITICO is seeking a reporter to cover one of the hottest topics in Washington: climate change and energy policy. As a top priority for President Joe Biden, the issue is generating action in Congress, across the executive branch and in the courts, presenting opportunities for the right journalist to dig up scoops, deliver deep dives and help drive the conversation for our audience of lawmakers, cabinet chiefs and policy gurus along with general readers around the world.
We’re looking for someone to lead our coverage from Capitol Hill and track legislative efforts, as well as steer wider stories that delve into the politics and policy across the government. The successful candidate will know their way around the Capitol, and have fluency on issues ranging from renewable energy and fossil fuels to environmental justice and communities in transition. The job requires close collaboration with other journalists covering the EPA, the Energy and Interior departments as well as smaller agencies.
What You’ll Need
- Experience covering Congress, and an acute sense of the difference between policy and posturing on Capitol Hill and across Washington
- Proven ability to dip up scoops in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- A deep understanding of climate change and political dynamics that shape energy sources
- Deft writing to explain wonky policy to non-experts across POLITICO’s multiple platforms
- We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors of the status quo, collaborators, talent cultivators and DEI stewards.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let’s keep in touch. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We’d love to hear from you! Want to join POLITICO but don’t see a job suited to you? Sign up to be a part of our Talent Network to be alerted of future opportunities.