About the job
The Individual In This Role Will
Northwestern College invites applicants for a full-time, 12-month position for director of athletic communications to manage all athletic department external communications.
- Keep the athletic webpage current by posting releases, rosters, schedules, player profiles, and team and player pictures.
- Disseminate information to the media and other institutions by writing press releases, producing media guides, and contacting reporters personally.
- Produce game programs including writing text, compiling stats/records, picking photos and working with the printer.
- Produce social media content for Raider athletics and monitor social media accounts.
- Coordinate and disseminate statistical information according to NAIA, GPAC and CoSIDA regulations.
- Supervise and train assistant SIDs and student workers.
- Broadcast athletics games/events via Livestream.
- Serve on the athletics leadership team.
Red Raider athletics identify with the following core values that are consistent with the NAIA Champions of Character and the distinctively Christian mission of Northwestern College: Faith in God – Integrity – Respect – Responsibility – Sportsmanship – Servant Leadership.
A bachelor’s degree in journalism or public relations/mass communications is preferred, along with one to three years of related experience in both stat keeping and sports writing. Recent experience, particularly with computer software, is essential.
Northwestern College is affiliated with the Reformed Church in America and seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. To apply, submit letter of application, resume and Northwestern College application form.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.