Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
We are looking for a high-energy professional communicator and marketer to lead Cytel’s global, company-wide employee engagement strategy and programs. The ideal candidate will be both highly strategic and able to execute with a strong attention to detail. Cytel is a fast-paced environment focusing on data-driven decision making; this individual contributor role will have a great deal of autonomy but will need to deliver strategies and programs that are well aligned with the executive management team. Successful candidates will be proactive, relationship-oriented, excellent writers with executive presence.
The Director of Employee Communications will partner with our CHRO, COO and other senior leaders to build out our employee brand platform and create marketing and communications campaigns with the goal of driving engagement, reducing attrition, and elevating our global common culture. Additionally, this role will own the company intranet, partner with HR on all employee engagement surveys, run the internal comms calendar, write internal communications and presentations and partner with senior leaders to support their internal communications needs. This role reports to the VP of Marketing with a strong dotted line to the Chief HR Officer.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic, company-wide, integrated communications campaigns, grounded in our employee brand and designed to drive engagement, sharing our commitment to scientific innovation and based on Cytel’s vision, purpose and values.
- Work closely with global business and functional leaders/teams to strengthen employee engagement and reinforce a strong corporate culture.
- Manage all internal communications including: align all functional and change communication with global communication efforts, manage all employee communications channels including the intranet, expand ways we communicate with and build community through our global footprint, Lead the development of town halls and newsletters.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies and tactics for continuous improvement, measured by qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Own corporate intranet – branding, policies for publishing, incremental page builds (as needed). Writing and editing stories and articles
- Support the annual engagement survey and pulse surveys execution and communication plan
- Plan and manage all cultural celebrations at the global level, support local teams in creating engagement activities
- Work with Talent Acquisition to tell the employee experience to potential candidates and manage the employee experience branding on the external website
- Edit executive communications as required
- Partner with marketing content team to ensure a consistent and effective messaging across all communications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
Experience: 10+ years related experience. Life sciences experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent networking skills needed to quickly build global relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and comfort utilizing technology for communications, including digital and video communication. web development skills a plus
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Writing samples required