About the job
TITLE: Digital Media Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programming & Production
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Digital Media Specialist, under the guidance of the Vice President, coordinates with Production, Online Services, Creative Services, and Communications to manage the digital media needs for live streamed events, shows or segments that require a presence on OnDemand, YouTube, FaceBook, Roku and other content distributors. Organizes, updates and maintains EWTN’s on-line media content on all platforms.
- Request OnDemand assets for specific shows, series, events.
- Request Live Streams for those live events that EWTN wants to carry.
- Request and ensure media assets (onDemand, Live streaming events) are active online.
- Request and ensure media assets (onDemand, Live streaming events) are removed as rights expire.
- Organize media content, ensure descriptions, Religious Catalogue assets, etc. are correct and up to date.
- Communicate with departments involved with online digital distribution of media including Production, Online Services, Communications, and Creative Services.
- Work with other offices and EWTN affiliates regarding shared posting etc.
- Ensure web pages for series are requested and updated.
- Ensure programming information is correct on webpages and social media.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in broadcast or social media.
- Demonstrated understanding of video formats, codecs, and encoding protocols; current broadcast standards and technology
- Good understanding of various social media and on-line platforms.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of EWTN programming.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team to deliver results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and how it relates to the programming goals of the Network.
Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, digital media or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Résumés, cover letter & salary expectations should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE