Full Job Description
The Digital Media Producer/Podcast Project Manager position will oversee the station’s podcasting program and coordinate audio production related to fundraising efforts and underwriting sales. This position will also coordinate and assist in the production of audio content related to on-air fundraising and participate in on-air pitching.
This position will play a role in shaping the sound and format of the station and university podcasts and will also serve as a consultant to other units across campus who are developing and delivering podcast content. This position will harness experience in audio production and project management to bring produce and create compelling content for podcast listeners.
This position will also assist the station in expanding its digital identity through the promotion of podcast and audio content through social media, the station’s web site, and other means of electronic engagement with the listening audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or similar field from an accredited college or university or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in a media production role in broadcasting or a related field
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with the listening audience through the production of compelling content for podcast and broadcast
- Experienced in developing and producing both short and long-form content, preferably for public radio
- Demonstrated project and time management skills, as well as skills in news writing, editing, interviewing, production, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience building an audience with online platforms, including social media
- Experience producing and editing content for broadcast in for broadcasts, podcasts, or related field
- Ability to handle a variety of activities, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in project management in audio production or related field
- Some experience with fundraising, preferably for public radio
- Willingness to participate in on-air fundraising
- Ability to write copy for podcast or broadcast
- Proficiency editing audio with either Hindenburg Audio Editor, Adobe Audition, or an equivalent editing application
- Experience in fundraising activities, preferably on-air fund drives
- Proficiency recording and producing audio in the field
- Knowledge of how to set up a production studio and engineer two-way interviews
- Experience working with broadcast radio or television production and repurposing audio content for online distribution
- Proficiency in the use and handling of audio compact flash recorders and moving recorded product into automation system