The Digital Journalist will be responsible for delivering, either through content production, managed packages or as part of a rigorous sub-editing process, the most engaging and timely copy possible to drive Stats Perform’s syndicated editorial sport products. With an emphasis on producing content that leverages Stats Perform’s data reserves, they will display a flair for innovative multimedia storytelling while also ensuring copy is tight and accurate for a digital audience. In addition, they will have a number of other responsibilities – including daily planning, social media and being a primary point of contact for other functions within News & Data Insights.
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
- Delivering eye-catching multi-platform content, including writing news, data-features and producing, curating and working with social media and live editorial content, as well as multi-media storytelling.
- Monitoring all content for factual or grammatical errors to uphold content integrity.
- Managing content in our overall top stories and sport-specific headline packages. What’s the most important overall story of the moment? What’s the top story for each individual sport? What photos should we attach to each story to help the reader best visualise what’s happening? What events do we need to have on our radar?
- Communicating with other functions within Stats Perform to ensure our market-leading data is at the forefront of what we produce.
- Covering live events and on-the-ground press opportunities (to include video shooting where possible).
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent writing and sub-editing skills, preferably honed at a newspaper, agency or digital site
- Experience of working with sports data with a view to producing editorial content
- Outstanding knowledge of a wide variety of sports and a strong understanding of media law
- Good editorial judgement and the ability to work to real-time deadlines
- Strong organisational, communication and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Stats Perform collects the richest sports data in the world and transforms it through revolutionary artificial intelligence (AI) to unlock the most in-depth insights for media and technology, betting and team performance. With company roots dating back almost 40 years, Stats Perform embraces and solves the dynamic nature of sport – be that for digital and broadcast media with differentiated storytelling, tech companies with reliable and fast data to power their own innovations, sportsbooks with in-play betting and integrity services, or teams with first-of-its-kind AI analysis software. As the leading sports data and AI company, Stats Perform works with most of the top global sports broadcast companies, tech companies, sportsbooks, teams and leagues.