About the job
The Moody’s Data Editor is part of the cross-functional research solutions team. The team is comprised of software engineers, information designers, writers and analysts, responsible for covering the firm’s curated content and products pushed in a proprietary content management system. The successful candidate will be creative and passionate about collaborating with credit analysts to produce data-driven research that delights the customer.
At Minimum, The Data Editor Would Be Responsible For
- Collaborating with authors and associates to develop data-driven stories covering credit research
- Synthesize complex data sets into stories with clear and concise messages
- Applying statistical and data discovery techniques to validate key messages
- Contribute to web-based visual and interactive data experiences supporting our content
- Ability to prioritize workload assignments effectively, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a newsroom or journalist organization
- Degree in data science, economics, political science, statistics, journalism, or related technical discipline
- Programming experience in R and/or Python
- Strong understanding of Excel beyond charts, e.g., familiarity with adjustments of datasets, Power Query, Power Pivot, Index, Match, array formulas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple parts of an organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with a mixed-media team
- Familiarity with other statistical packages such as Matlab is a plus
- D3.js, ggplot, tydeverse and other statistical graphics libraries experience a plus
- Familiarity with financial data is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with mixed-media team
- LOB/Cost Center
Moody’s Investors Services
Moody’s Investors Services Research
Job Req ID
Moody’s Investors Service (MIS)
Line of Business
MIS Research (MIS RSRCH)
Job Sub Category
Working at Moody’s
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
MIS Culture of Excellence
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.