Full Job Description
Simpler Trading, the premier provider of Trading Education in the marketplace, is in search of a Content Writer to join the team. At Simpler Trading, we are on a mission to educate our clients and ensure their financial success by creating the most enduring sources of quality, tried-and-applied content in the trading industry. Behind every webinar and learning platform sits a dedicated team of entrepreneurial-minded fintechies responsible for creating and delivering tangible trading ideas in real-time to our subscribed members. As a Simpler employee, we guarantee no day at the office will be the same, but we promise that you will always be challenged and supported in your role.
Under guidance of our Content Marketing Manager, the Content Writer will find new ways to connect with our audience and grow traffic to our website. You should be adaptable and flexible to take on the challenge of writing in a multitude of styles and voices. You can use creativity to capture an audience by using various language patterns and slang or jargon. You are a fast learner who works well under pressure and can produce a fast turnaround for clients on a tight deadline. You have a strong understanding of grammar. You are meticulous and detail-oriented, preventing typos or awkward language from being sent to production. We’re a 100% remote company and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Be a storyteller that creates engaging blogs, ebooks and other long-form content
- Use SEO practices to drive strong organic search results and targeted site traffic; this includes on-page SEO as well as title tags and meta descriptions
- Skillfully integrate CTAs within written content to drive conversion and ROI
- Perform external and internal research on a variety of trading topics for content to be robust, educational, and uniquely positioned
- Break down complex concepts into simple terms appropriate for the target audience
- Write and edit/proofread content adhering to company copywriting standards
- Interface regularly with cross-functional partners in marketing (channels, campaign leaders), graphic design, product development (subject matter experts), and more, to define topics, collect information, provide assistance, and ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Develop guidance for trader-authored content – build SEO friendly outlines, answer questions and deliver constructive feedback and editing
- Perform keyword research using third-party tools
- Evaluate existing blog article performance and develop solutions to improve them
- Maintain calendars, keyword maps, reports, and other content-related documentation
Who You Are
- Superior writing and communication skills
- 1-3 years of experience in content creation with a portfolio of professional, journalistic writing – blogs, articles, white papers, ebooks
- Strong knowledge of SEO
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Experience with content management systems, WordPress publishing a plus, but not required
- Excellent at researching and a quick study on unfamiliar topics
- Good time-management skills with the ability to multitask and work independently as part of a remote team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Data-driven and highly analytical
- Thoughtful cross-functional collaborator with the ability to ask the right questions throughout a project’s lifecycle
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth and at times ambiguous environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Business, or other related field
Experience That Goes the Extra Mile
Business background, financial services and trading experience
Benefits + Perks
- Here at Simpler Trading, we have cultivated a work hard, have fun, be nice work environment that promotes creativity and good ideas. In addition to our fun office, flexible and remote-friendly environment, and competitive salary package, we also offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA Offering and contributions
- 401(k) and Matching
- Generous PTO Plan
- Wellness Benefit
- Home Office Stipend
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Flexible Work From Anywhere Option
- Flexible Work Schedule
Who We Are
Simpler Trading celebrates diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Simpler Trading complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Simpler Trading expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of Simpler Trading’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Simpler Trading shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Regarding Simpler Trading’s approach to recruiting new talent, we will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with Simpler Trading to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing Simpler Trading should email firstname.lastname@example.org.