About the job
Hinge Health is pioneering the world’s most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $436M to date and has 500+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for a creative individual to join us in building educational content for our Hinge Health members. Knowledge is power, and with this position comes the opportunity to educate and inspire hundreds of thousands of people as they navigate their health journeys. This person will be a core part of the Education team and will work closely with both the Clinical and Coaching organizations. In 2020 alone, Hinge Health’s educational articles were viewed over 1.7 million times, so with this role comes the exciting responsibility to make a lasting impact on folks with persistent and acute pain.
The Resource Content Writer will maintain and uphold the exceptional high standards of Hinge Health’s educational content. Specifically, the individual will write content that is empowering, science-driven, engaging, and approachable. You will also play a key role in the development of concepts, video script writing, the prioritization and organization of resources, and the editing and uploading processes.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and self-sufficient writer with exceptional editing and project management skills. Health or medical writing experience is a plus but not a must. Creative writing skills are highly valued. We are looking for an individual who can meet fast timelines and build resources and articles about specific musculoskeletal conditions, lifestyle factors, and other commonly requested topics.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Produce high-quality educational content.
- Pitch creative concepts and storyboards for illustrated videos and audio content.
- Provide editing support for our other content creators.
- Collaborate with a dynamic and talented team of individuals including designers, writers, editors, clinical staff, health coaches, and product leads.
- Inspire hundreds of thousands of our members to make healthy, long-term lifestyle changes.
What We’re Looking For
- Deliver exceptional written content.
- Meet aggressive deadlines.
- Prioritize requests from the coaching and clinical teams.
- Take self-directed initiative with content creation and concepts for new and creative content strategies.
- Edit content at a professional level.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Curriculum development experience.
- In addition to writing experience, a background in health, neuroscience, MSK health, lifestyle medicine, or wellness.
What Shapes Our Company
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you’re interested – we’d love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please be diligent and if you encounter any suspicious activity, please reach out to email@example.com