About the job
- Healthcare Content Writer is a part-time, 100% remote position.
- You will conduct thorough research on hospital-based physician specialties such as anesthesia and emergency medicine-related topics including billing, coding, regulatory guidelines, and nuanced subject matter as they relate to our industry.
- The content writer will express ideas shared by internal subject matter experts in writing, generate ideas for new content as well as ability to proficiently proofread articles and communications before publication. You will have an eye for detail, ability to self-manage and organize thoughts well.
- You will have samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, to share along with your application.
- Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Healthcare Content Writer to join our marketing team and enrich our client and prospect communication copy, case studies, client testimonials, requests for proposal responses (RFPs), healthcare revenue cycle management (RCM) and website content with new content and marketing copy. The Healthcare Content Writer delivers quality writing pieces that appeal to hospital-based physician specialties (anesthesia, emergency medicine and hospitalist groups), hospital/hospital system c-suite and revenue cycle management executives.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our services
- Prepare well-structured drafts for RFPs and other content
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) guidelines to increase web traffic
- Prepare promotional content for social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
- 3-5 years proven work experience as a Healthcare Content Writer, Healthcare Copywriter, or similar role
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with medical web publications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Portfolio of published articles
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines