Full Job Description
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It’s a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn’t attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
It’s official: Bazaarvoice is a Great Place to Work in the US , Australia and the UK!
TO NOTE : this role can be based in either Austin or Philadelphia.
At Bazaarvoice, we’re passionate about how the power of authentic conversations can change the world, both for consumers and for the businesses who know how to listen to them.
As a Content Strategist, you’ll be a member of the Content Management Services group, which includes content authenticity, analytics, and moderation. You’ll be responsible for consulting with our clients to create a collection, moderation, and analysis strategy tailored to their needs, and translating that strategy into rules that will leverage our tools and moderation staff to collect and efficiently moderate client consumer-generated content (CGC).
You’ll have a chance to operate processes and tools to manage the content strategy requirements of over 1,000 Bazaarvoice clients, while also making recommendations to our growing client portfolio through phone, web meetings and email. You will help them drive volume through online submission and social media campaigns. You will need to quickly identify and understand client objectives, connect and translate KPIs into actions, identify risk at early stages and execute efficiently under pressure while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to solve client problems.
Finally, you’ll participate in sales calls, representing Moderation and selling our capabilities to prospective clients.
Who you are
The successful Content Strategist will possess the ability to turn something that is inherently subjective (content moderation) into something that’s objective and easy to understand. Are you able to break down big ideas into just a few words? Your excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are going to help you make guidelines and rules out of big client strategies. You live on the internet. You know what consumers are looking to see and you know what kind of content drives engagement. You’re a natural at building rapport and trust – clients rave about you, and you have the prior success to prove it. Are you unfazed by internet trolls? Constant exposure to the unfiltered sentiments of the public contributes to the team’s quirky sense of humor and serves to desensitize us to things that might not normally be encountered in a typical office environment. Familiar with affiliated marketing, ratings & reviews, social media, or advocacy programs? You may be just who we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing;
- Consult clients on CGC collection and moderation strategies
- Create rules in the tool to ensure the right content is getting into the funnel for review.
- Create rules for remote moderator workforce based on client strategy to make sure the right content makes it to the site.
- Ability to help scope custom services
- Represent Content Management Services org and promote our values of authenticity and transparency
- 4+ years in customer-facing, client services or agency role
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, affiliated marketing, brand or advocacy programs
- Passion for technology trends in social/ digital marketing channels
- Ability to assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication
Nice to have;
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues around collection and display of CGC
- Bachelor’s degree (helpful would be law, philosophy, comparative literature, sociology, classics, library science, journalism.)
- Fluency in English & one other of the following languages: German, French, Polish, Romanian or any of the nordic languages
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
- We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
- We approach every situation with a customer-first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
- We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
- We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
- Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
- We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
- We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
- We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.