FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Content Specialist/ Senior Content Specialist
Requisition ID: (21009826)
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Job Function: Marketing
Job Posting Date: Nov 10, 2021, 11:21:54 AM
If you are a MARKETING professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our ST. LOUIS, MO location, you will be responsible for creating, optimizing, and maintaining content to effectively communicate to internal and external audiences to achieve business goals. This role collaborates with multiple business units and other functions within the platform marketing team. The ideal candidate is an experienced writer who can create general and strategic messaging development for content while maintaining brand consistency and customer focus.
AS A CONTENT SPECIALIST/SENIOR CONTENT SPECIALIST, YOU WILL:
- Lead research, messaging, writing, and editing for campaigns to drive awareness, consideration, conversion, or retention
- Understand UI-UX related to content development
- Establish content KPIs for campaigns and track metrics
- Collaborate with the design team to create a final content production
- Manage content distribution for online channels to increase traffic
- Lead content projects throughout the year and communicate project status with key stakeholders to deliver timely results
- Work with digital team and media monitoring tool to provide analytics and insights
- Content development includes long and short-form writing of ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, blog posts, video scripts, email communication, newsletters, tradeshow assets, webpages, and landing pages.
- Research and audit product, industry, and competitive brands in-depth for a proficient understanding to define a message strategy and subject matter expertise for copy and content execution
- Serve as the business unit liaison for messaging and content development to support communication and campaign goals on webpages
- Lead Emerson.com Commercial and Residential Solutions webpages regarding messaging, communication goals, and content analytics
- Perform keyword research for platform and business unit webpages for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Optimize website copy, link building, and content based on keyword strategy
- Develop an optimization process to audit key webpages to improve search rankings
- Track and report on search rankings for webpages
- Draft internal platform, corporate, and employee communications
- Develop content for platform and corporate intranet sites and other digital channels as needed
- Develop messaging around company initiatives
- Routinely review best practices for digital engagement and content
- Advocate and educate business unit marketing teams on best practices
- Facilitate guidance for executing content needs via Global Service Center
WHO YOU ARE:
You come up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique and find new communication opportunities. You can take a creative idea and put it into practice. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others and encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field and 5+ years of related experience
- Be distinguished in English with excellent grammatical skills
- Have experience in content and/or marketing role, experience with planning and building remarkable B2B and B2C content.
- Have superior writing, editing, and design skills to tailor the content message to the intended audience
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Have a strong, working knowledge of SEO principles
- Have strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Be willing and capable of completing project work without over-reliance on others
- Have strong project management and planning skills- set goals and create and implement action plans to achieve goals
- Have strong people skills- foster teamwork by effectively working with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to enhance teams’ effectiveness.
- Ability to travel between 10% and 15% for the role.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience working for a large, multi-brand, global organization
- Technical writing experience across a broad scope of products and customers
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that team members have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available. Team member resource groups ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday team member life.
WHY WORK IN St. LOUISE, MISSOURI
Our facility is in St. Louis famous for its Gateway Arch standing at 630 feet tall. St Louis is a family-friendly historic metropolitan area with a low cost of living and first-class schools. The city offers excellent restaurants, shopping areas, art galleries, and numerous festivals throughout the year making this an exciting place to live and work.
ABOUT OUR LOCATION
This location is the host of Emerson’s corporate headquarters and Commercial and Residential Solutions Tools, Hermetic Motors, and other businesses. Our products, such as the InSinkErator, Sensi, and RIDGID have become household names that support the comfort and well-being of our customers. The ComRes platform employees at this location provide support to the various businesses within Commercial and Residential Solutions, allowing for many networking opportunities across businesses. The connectedness between ComRes and Corporate employees allows for a close relationship and the opportunity to explore opportunities across Emerson.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
- Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
- We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
- Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
- Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
- No calls or agencies please.