About the job
Content Producer WFSB
WFSB, a Meredith Corporation TV station, is seeking a Content Producer who is not afraid to take responsibility for tough decisions and will creatively solve problems. We need someone who recognizes where/when opportunities exist to drive innovation. We value initiative, results, hard work and will reward you with good pay and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in our demanding, results oriented environment, apply today.
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
- The Content Producer assists with the daily flow of news to the newsroom for appropriate coverage both on-air and on the station’s digital platforms.
- The CP gathers meaningful news information from various sources. They also generate story idea, discern credible news tips, schedule news crews and take in live feeds.
- The CP is also responsible for creating content that is aligned with and enhances the station brand. The CP is also responsible for publishing content on multiple digital platforms, including mobile and online and social networks.
- This person should have solid news judgment, a sound grasp of online journalism and a sense of urgency for breaking news.
- This is a high-pressure, deadline-focused position, which requires a self-starter, who is flexible and has the ability to multitask.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions And Expected Measurable Results
Answering phones, discerning news tips, gathering information and dispensing that information to the newsroom.
Posting content, including stories, videos and pictures, to the station’s digital platforms, while complying with digital publishing standards, including AP Style guidelines and in-house style guidelines.
Monitors news sources to ensure news is being appropriately covered.
Interacts with internal and external peers and/or manager to exchange information related to assigned tasks.
Taking in live feeds and coordinating interviews.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
At least two years working in a major market newsroom. Experience using a content management system (CMS).
Specific Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Strong editorial skills and working knowledge of AP Style. Knowledge of content management systems (CMSs), HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Avid and iNews are preferred.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 10%
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing Meredith.Human.Resources@meredith.com.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees