About the job
At GoodData, we believe that traditional data tools are no longer enough. Our Data as a Service (DaaS) infrastructure is the future of analytics: real-time, open, secure, and scalable. GoodData’s leading cloud-native platform gives our customers the flexibility to build and scale any of their data use cases — from self-service and embeddable analytics, to machine learning and IoT.
GoodData’s robust dashboards, custom insights, and unmatched governance options have helped over 140,000 of the world’s top businesses deliver on their analytics goals. GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Intel Capital, TOTVS, and others. For more information, visit our website and follow GoodData on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision-making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster, and more effectively.
Our team understands the value behind GoodData’s platform and products — and knows how to inform and inspire consumers to take action. We value proactive collaborators and team players with skills including strong communication, adaptability, and creativity.
What You’ll Do
- Write both technical and strategic blogs, emails, whitepapers, e-books, social media posts, presentations, and other collateral related to the GoodData brand and wider data and analytics industry.
- Copyedit technical and narrative writing for marketing and sales assets, the GoodData website, emails, blogs, UX copy, etc.
- Operate in a cross-functional and international environment, working with peers in different time zones (from different backgrounds and with different native languages).
- Work with the global marketing team to develop a content marketing strategy and editorial plan that aligns with and supports brand awareness, demand generation, and prospect nurturing.
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to analyze content performance and lifecycle.
- Use data to iterate, improve, and maximize results.
- Create assets and messaging in accordance with GoodData’s brand voice, official style guide, and SEO guidelines.
- Build comprehensive knowledge of GoodData’s targeted customer segments in order to tell valuable and relatable stories within our marketing assets.
- At least 2 years of experience in copywriting, marketing, journalism, or related fields.
- Experience with technical copywriting or writing about technology products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, marketing, communications, journalism, or similar.
- Mastery of distilling complex topics into engaging marketing copy that prospects and customers understand.
- Ability to adapt and pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- The aptitude of managing timelines on multiple projects and initiatives.
It Is Nice If You Have
- Familiarity with the data and analytics industry, or adjacent space, preferred.
- Working knowledge of AP Style.
- Expert-level understanding of English grammar, syntax, and punctuation rules.
- Additional education in engineering, computer science, or related fields.