Full Job Description
About Moonshot Brands
Do you thrive off of identifying and applying strategies to make words tell compelling stories, illustrate complex concepts, and motivate readers to take action? Are you a skilled storyteller and thorough editor with in-depth knowledge of SEO, data-driven content, copywriting, and other diverse types of content? We are looking for a Lead Content Marketer.
At Moonshot Brands, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful ecommerce businesses and to create happy successful entrepreneurs.
We are Moonshot Brands a company backed by some of the world’s most prominent venture capitalists and Y-combinator, who back some of the most well know technology companies and e-commerce brands on the planet, including Airbnb, DoorDash, Stripe, Coinbase, Instacart, Dropbox, Faire, Brex, Twitch, Truepill, Lambda School, Vidyard, Nurx and Clearbanc. We acquire, operate, and grow profitable e-commerce brands that sell on Amazon and DTC and empower happy entrepreneurs who can either join our company or sell their company to us and move on and free-up to pursue their next business. We provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and a playbook to help companies reach the next level.
We know how to optimize and run these businesses better than anyone else because we’ve run and sold five of them. As entrepreneurs ourselves, we are building the acquisition process that we would have loved to experience when we sold our businesses in the past. Our founding team members are serial entrepreneurs with 5 exits, including an online used car marketplace, Shift.com now listed on the NASDAQ and an e-commerce site, focused on home goods acquired by a private equity firm. The founders are Wharton and MIT graduates who have deep E-commerce, Technology, M&A, Finance, and Hedge Fund experience including Bridgewater Associates, McKinsey, and Airbnb. We are building the world’s best team to build a company by operators for operators as we know we will build the company that changes the entire e-commerce landscape and would love to add the best like-minded people to our dream team. If you’d like to be part of this Moonshot, which will be a fun fast-paced rocket-ship that will change the future of e-commerce brands, we’d love to hear from you.
Where would this person be located? Great question! We’re a remote-first company and hope to hire this Lead Content Marketer anywhere between the ET – PT time zones.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
About the Lead Content Marketer position
The Lead Content Marketer will be responsible to position Moonshot Brands as acquirer of choice for e-commerce individuals selling their e-commerce companies. We are a company founded by e-commerce operators creating the most entrepreneur friendly acquirer in the space. We help e-commerce sellers generally make better decisions through the content we create. The right candidate will understand the intersection of business and editorial with a deep desire to create content and distribution arm of Moonshot’s marketing organization. Their part of our mission is to understand the needs of SMB e-commerce entrepreneurs and create content that helps them make better decisions in growing and selling their businesses. They will be responsible for inbound marketing strategies such as content creation, blogs, social media, and the generation of leads and for content creation. The person will also lead the initiative to refine Moonshots Brand positioning and voice and make sure that our value proposition and points of differentiation run through every facet of the company and drive both content creation and distribution. Definitely need to know SEO, but more so, be able to tell a story as Content development, with the intent creating relevant, engaging, educational, timely, and often entertaining pieces that deliver value to SMB e-commerce sellers, showcase the most interesting stories of their peers and best practices and learnings and inspire them to reach and exceed their goals for their companies. We’re looking for someone well-versed in the ecommerce with experience working multiple formats including written, multimedia, audio to help promote us across all these streams of content and multiple editorial properties. The expansion of the company’s digital footprint is your ultimate goal, along with brand awareness.
Lead Content Marketer responsibilities are:
- Leading the creation and distribution of content across channel for Moonshot’s Corporate brands and ensuring that it is optimized for SEO, blogs, podcasts/video and social media
- Someone who can create a narrative and a story and is brand oriented who can refine our voice and speak with a voice and tone that appeals to SMB sellers of e-commerce companies and a good story-teller and creator
- Generate ideas to increase customer engagement SMB sellers of e-commerce companies and stay in tune with industry trends to drive growth of our M&A pipeline
- Refine the brand strategy/positioning and content strategy and voice and enhance our vision and create copy that makes it engaging to our end users
- Design and implement seller community management SOPs to increase seller engagement
- Set and track seller community objectives
- Put in place multichannel strategy (podcast, Social Media, CRM, Referral) to reach out and engage sellers
- Design and implement internal workflows to optimize communication efforts
- Launch relevant channels to engage with the target community
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience content production across multiple disciplines and media within B2B, eCommerce or directed at small and medium-sized business (SMB) a bonus
- Proven ability to create smart and engaging content and exceptional writing skills
- Analysis of web traffic metrics and optimization of content
- Proficiency in, and use of, of SEO required
- Experience developing an editorial calendar is required
- Design marketing strategies with goals that are short term as well as long term
- Ensure a diverse web presence by sharing content through a multiplicity of channels
- Expert social media platform understanding
- Great content creation skills and experience in distribution of content
- A passion for learning about your audience (our merchants, as well as a genuine interest in the commerce space
- BSc degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or another related field a bonus