About the job
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is seeking a Content Creator to contribute written and video content across its many platforms. As a content creator with DraftKings, you will bring strong journalistic practices to a growing group of writers, producers and on-air talent. A strong understanding of all the major sports is required, in addition to creating breaking news content. Sound like a good fit for you? Join us.
What You’ll Do As a Content Creator
- Deliver editorial content, shaping a consistent voice and tone for the site. Complete assigned long-form content on DFS and sports betting picks for all major sports.
- Write analysis and reactionary blurbs on breaking news, notes and injuries on our real-time news and information app, DK Live.
- Prepare content for live on-air, pre-recorded and audio appearances.
- Post breaking news and writing compelling copy for content on social media outlets.
- Work with internal teams to provide best-in-class content offering.
- Review Google Analytics and develop content plans for all major sports.
What Skills You Will Us
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of experience on the content creation side of a major journalistic enterprise.
- Extremely strong knowledge of core journalistic/reporting frameworks.
- Deep comfort with the world of fantasy sports and with the sports entertainment space overall.
- Significant work experience in a fast-paced newsroom with high production targets.
- Management experience; must be capable of setting direction and providing feedback.
- Strong organizational skills critical; must be able to juggle multiple pieces of news or content.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with others in a team.
- Journalism degree preferred; substantial newsroom experience a must.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.