RTI International’s Integrated Learning Solutions (ILS) team seeks an experienced applicant for the role of Communications Specialist Consultant to serve on the Worldwide Training Contract.
The Communications Specialist Consultant will support the Worldwide Training (WWT) team, under the direction of the WWT Task Order Manager, with various communications tasks including but not limited to: a) communications report design/writing, development, and implementation; and, b) lead project activities to help build the profile and visibility of Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA)/Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning’s (PPL) work via communicating USAID’s policies and procedures. Specific duties may include conducting an analysis to identify communication needs and gaps for specific clients, creation of strategic communications plans supporting OAA/PPL’s online and social media presence and supporting the project team to effectively communicate about their work.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify communication gaps, needs, recommendations, and resources resulting in a Communications Strategic and Implementation Plan
- Develop written and digital content for external websites, social media platforms, newsletters, and other communications channels
- Liaise with technical experts and project teams to write and disseminate key innovations, learnings, and research to wider audiences
- Support global communications events, including conferences, workshops, webinars, panel presentations, receptions, social media events, etc.
- Create engaging and content-rich visuals, including infographics, for print and digital distribution
- Write and coordinate review of communications materials including flyers, brochures, fact sheets, presentations, speeches, and reports to ensure the quality of documents produced for clients.
- Collaborate closely with USAID’s OAA and PPL clients, ensuring that the team’s communications efforts are aligned with USAID-wide goals, initiatives, messaging, branding, and marking.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, journalism, international development, international relations, political science, business administration, or related social sciences
- Four+ years of related work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or public relations required, with relevant experience in international development strongly preferred
- Proficiency in impactful design applications, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience managing or contributing to social media profiles and activities on behalf of a business or nonprofit organization
- Strong understanding of content generation and marketing
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Research & analytical skills a plus
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets within IDG and other departments across RTI
- Proven project management skills, with ability to manage multiple activities or projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, workload, and workflow
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Exposure to and interest in international development strongly preferred
- Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Timing: The Consultant’s assignment is short-term and may vary based on the WWT contract deliverables; presently NTE 9/30/2021.