Cerner is seeking a team-oriented storyteller who will help grow media share of voice and brand recognition for Cerner and its differentiated healthcare IT solutions. This role is responsible for developing and executing creative media relations strategies and plans, seeking trade, local and national placements in print, broadcast, and online media to increase company visibility. You will establish and build on existing relationships with media, develop news releases and media messaging to achieve defined goals, manage the online newsroom and create coverage reports to inform internal stakeholders. You will prepare spokespeople for interviews and communicate with various internal and external stakeholders while building cohesive business relationships. This role will balance between reacting to media needs while proactively identifying opportunities within the business to seize upon media trends and differentiate Cerner.
Back to Description
Cerner Jobs and Careers
Virtual Eligible Job
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
- At least 6 years total combined higher education and related work experience, including:
- 1 year of communications, corporate affairs and/or public relations work experience
- 5 years of higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the job
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration; or related field; or equivalent, relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of media relations and writing experience
- Experience working in Healthcare or Information Technology (IT)
- Mastery of Associated Press style
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Kansas City area
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of the position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.