About the job
Do you enjoy meaningful work in an environment where you can make an impact, learn and collaborate well with others who are just as passionate about their work as you are? If you consider your strengths to be: strategic thinking, writing, and leading tasks, then we are looking for you!
Corner Alliance, a dynamic, growing consulting firm dedicated to an enriching employee experience, is looking for a Consultant with 4-6 years of experience to join our team and work in downtown Washington, DC. You’ll make an impact on our company as it grows and contribute to meaningful work for our Federal government clients.
About The Role
You will provide strategic communications and outreach task management to all Federal government clients. The role is an opportunity for you to join a consulting team that supports meaningful and mission-oriented work for a rural broadband loan and grant program. We are looking for a highly organized person to coordinate and oversee activities related to providing the public and stakeholder communities important information about the program.
Your responsibilities will include daily oversight of communications tasks and action items; assisting Executive Leadership and staff with all communications activities; establishing and maintaining relationships with cross-functional groups; collaborating with colleagues to clearly define project goals; and generating effective solutions to fulfill project needs and objectives.
The person in this role will be someone who enjoys finding solutions related to the sharing of information through visual and written materials. The person should also enjoy interacting with many different people and coordinating tasks among individuals and groups. We don’t expect you to know the technical aspects of the broadband program, but you should have the capacity to learn on the job and be eager to expand your knowledge. You are a progressive thinker with a strong attention to detail, and a self-starter who can juggle many tasks on a daily basis and is comfortable delegating.
The successful applicant must have strong project management skills and attention to details, and a self-starter who can juggle many tasks on a daily basis.
- Serve as the lead task manager for all communication and outreach components of the project, including but not limited to:
- Providing quality control for all materials developed by the project team to ensure message and brand consistency across materials before deliverables are submitted to the client
- Leading the team through the process of developing communications and outreach materials, presentation talking points, fact sheets, reports, infographics, press releases, Congressional announcements, and more.
- Providing oversight to in-person and virtual event planning activities, acting as the final quality control and providing task management expertise
- Navigating the client internal outreach processes and becoming a valued point of contact for collaboration and coordination.
- Making recommendations to the client on enhancing their social media presence.
- Identify opportunities to introduce improvements to the client with their outreach presence and internal processes.
- Managing coordination of website content and updates
- Managing planning, logistics, and execution of in-person and virtual workshops and webinars
- Working effectively with people from outside the organization to obtain information and keeping the projects and tasks on schedule
- Conducting work with integrity and display sensitivity to working in a high stakes, high pressure organization and decision making environment
- Carrying out our Company Commitments: the Employee Commitments, supporting the Company Commitments to Employees and our Commitments to our Clients
- Contributing to the firm’s business development and growth strategy
You will work as part of a team via telework or at the Corner Alliance metro-accessible Washington, DC office.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of communications and events execution experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications (prose and presentation) skills, especially the ability to articulate complex strategic situations and strategies to effectively communicate to audiences without subject matter expertise and to all levels of an organization
- Data management skills and experience with Excel, including the use of pivot tables and vlookup
- Ability to oversee tasks and provide leadership and delegation to team members
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment by communicating effectively
- A keen sense of how to navigate client complexities and roadblocks
- Ability to gain trust and rapport with the client
- Receptive to all forms of feedback from clients and colleagues, and proactive to make changes
- Possess a keen eye for cutting-edge imagery, layout, typography, and color
- Demonstrates a positive attitude even when faced with changes or adversity
- Ability to learn fast and work with all types of personalities
- Ability to work independently and take tasks from concept to delivery
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- US citizenship or permanent resident and the ability to pass public trust clearance or suitability
- Journalism background and/or understanding of journalistic-style writing
- Experience working on communications campaigns across different mediums to include multimedia, video, and web
- Experience working as a communications consultant
- A relevant BA/BS degree in journalism, business, communications, public policy or closely related field
- Experience working on government programs
- Knowledge of existing communications technologies and software
- Marketing experience
- Performance management experience
- Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be highly organized, a strong writer and creative and this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are a dynamic and growing management consulting firm headquartered in downtown DC focused on creating an experience that feels a bit different for our clients. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start every solution with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs. Corner Alliance is serious about our Commitments: to Deliver excellence, Grow the business and Thrive in a vibrant environment.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: Help government do amazing things.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full-time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+)), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all-hands update meetings, annual in-person all hands team building day and evening out, a semi-annual merit-based bonus program, regular check-ins for professional growth goals, weekly one on one performance manager meetings, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack and Basecamp to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to a highly engaged team.
Be a part of our award-winning firm and the great things we are doing – we are a seven-time Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company and a past Winner of the Society of Human Resource Management When Work Works award for our amazing workplace culture.
Corner Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Corner Alliance participates in the E-verify program and will provide the Federal Government with Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization in the U.S.
Visit us at www.corneralliance.com to learn more.
Powered by JazzHR