Full Job Description
As the oldest and one of the largest health insurance companies in Ohio, Medical Mutual provides health insurance to more than 1.6 million Ohioans. For more than 85 years, Medical Mutual has improved the lives of its members by offering high-quality group and personal healthcare coverage.
Medical Mutual has been selected as a Northeast Ohio Top Workplace by the Plain Dealer for the past ten years. We’re looking for a self-start and a quick-learner to help us continue being the best health insurance choice for Ohioans. Medical Mutual is seeking a Clinical Operations summer intern in our downtown Cleveland headquarters. This is a paid internship which starts in May 2021 and runs thru mid-August.
The intern will work closely with the Clinical Operations team. The team is a critical department to health care organization like Medical Mutual. The department supports the business needs and goals of the Clinical Utilization and Care Management teams.
The intern will be performing a variety of operational tasks like: conducting and managing time studies & data, developing process flows and procedural documents, audit and report on quality and consistency of multiple operational processes.
- Performs administrative support functions including maintaining files, data entering of information; Indexes documents and creates electronic records
- Develops process flows and procedural documents
- Coordinates and conduct time studies for process improvement and workflow efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field
- Junior or Senior preferred. 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- A Great Place to Intern:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we’ve received this recognition!
- Paid internship, networking opportunities
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations.
- Business casual attire
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We’re the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 80 years, we’ve been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Primary Location US-OH-Cleveland
Work Locations Cleveland – Headquarters 2060 East Ninth Street Cleveland 44115
Job 7 – General Staff
Organization Clinical Operations
Employee Status Individual Contributor
Job Type Full-time
Job Level Day Job