Business Systems Intern
Full Job Description
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The internship role will be with the HCM Systems team of IT Business Systems. During the internship, the candidate will work closely with a team of business system analysts and will develop a basic understanding of some key HR systems, processes and Nuance’s software development life cycle (SDLC).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/She will be expected to assist in the data analysis and clean-up activities in preparation for implemeting a new Global HCM project.
- This will entail analyzing data extracts, validating whether they meet the required standards and transforming, if not.
- He/She will also be expected to actively participate in testing activities for the pre-Global HCM tasks, thereby gaining hands on knowledge on quality assurance.
- He/She will also be asked to update some existing documentation like the business systems inventory, HCM integration inventory, etc.
- A team of experienced system analysts will mentor and guide the intern during this period.
- This would be a mutually beneficial relationship, where we would get some low complexity tasks done by the intern while he/she will gain valuable experience in the Corporate IT world.
Knowledge, Skill, Qualification:
Education: working towards bachelors or masters degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
Years of experience: 0+
- Excellent communication skills, ability to learn and adapt to a dynamic work environment, ability to configure data
- Knowledge of Java and SQL
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.