The Systems Analyst is responsible for eliciting, analyzing and documenting system requirements and associated success measurements and translating those requirements into technical specifications in a clear and concise manner. They have an in-depth knowledge of operational business processes and software applications used to support them and data flows across the business process as well as skills necessary to acquire and analyze information.
- Leads the analysis and documentation of system requirements for new systems and enhancements
- Produces data, reports or dashboards
- Assesses system issues; lead necessary identification and resolution activities
- Elicits requirements and success measurements utilizing a variety of techniques, such as data analysis, interviews, job shadowing, workshops, storyboarding, prototyping and research
- Evaluates needs, analyze processes, analyze data, and evaluate alternatives
- Creates and maintains requirement/traceability documentation and technical specification documentation including diagrams, use cases, activity charts, data flow diagrams and data dictionaries.
- Identifies and assists in resolving issues, questions, and requirement gaps quickly and effectively
- Supports the development team during solution development
- Utilizes database scripting to perform advances queries and data manipulation on SQL databases
- Designs, codes and tests custom reports and dashboards
- Troubleshoots data quality issues found in reports; communicates how process was updated or issues resolved
- Measures and compiles data on operational effectiveness and improvements introduced through technology or process improvements per success measurements
- Supports Quality Analysts during all stages of the testing lifecycle
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science (Required)
- 5 years experience in a Business/Systems Analyst role
- Knowledge of data structures (databases, files, and spreadsheets), data analysis and data reporting tools, MS Word, Excel, and Visio
- Ability to listen effectively, process information, asks appropriate questions for clarification, and executes tasks accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Flexibility in day-to-day work; ability to handle change and work independently
- At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with two PPO plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan with the option of electing coverage for you and your family members at affordable rates
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Site Rent Discounts for team members who live in our communities
- Paid Time Off including nine holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Apply for a Corporate Headquarters (HQ) position, located in the Metro Detroit, Michigan market today.
Join our Talent Community and explore Corporate Headquarters jobs at Sun Communities.