At Trane Technologies, we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King®– create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This position will be housed in either of our two office locations: Atlanta, GA or Orlando, FL
This position will serve as Region leader for supporting customer base across six states and support cash flow through effective mmanagement of the A/R portfolio and related tasks. In this role you will partner with RFL and Trane Financial Services Teams to meet regional sales cash flow objectives.
- Distribute prehold, prelegal, and hold lists to the account managers to communicate status of accounts
- Follow up on sales office action items that are on:
- AR Calls
- Small dispute SharePoint site
- Large dispute report
- Office MWI/MDI meetings
- Capture reasons for disputes related to billing and work with associated business stream to ensure processes in place to avoid repeat disputes in the future
- Provide information to account managers/project managers as requested
- Invoice copies
- Open items report (unpaid invoices)
- Job level tracking
- Monitor the terms request SharePoint site for extended terms requests to make sure flowing through for approvals
- Contact customers to discuss poor pay history, and ways Trane can improve billing, etc.. Help support our customers in having a great experience with Trane.
- Provide cash collection updates during the month and manage key A/R metrics.
- Distribution of pre-credit hold list (escalation process), Post Credit Hold List, and Pre-Calls (invoices over $500K and at least 14 days old)
- Weekly distribution of lists to account managers with invoice data
- Pre-Call Duties:
- If a dispute exists, the CSS is to obtain the necessary information and alert the necessary party (AM, PM, PA) via email for assistance/resolution.
- The CSS will alert the Collection Analyst, so that the invoice can be coded as a dispute and a note detailing the call will be placed on the account in Oracle. The CSS will present the dispute the following morning to the local MDI board for tracking. The CSS will also follow-up on all disputes and track all calls via excel spreadsheet till resolution and payment.
WEEKLY/MONTHLY REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monthly Call to report out on Southeast Region disputes receivables
- CSS will compile report data from collection team and review for accuracy, compare it to the prior report to check for accounts that have dropped off, and then review the dropped accounts in Oracle to confirm resolution.
- Weekly call with Financial Services to discuss top 15 60+ past due invoices within the Southeast Areas and the steps being taken to resolve the invoices.
- Customer Support Specialist will assist Southeast Collectors by working with office contacts towards resolution.
- Attend daily NJ/NY/LI MDI calls with local leadership where customer product issues and disputes are addressed.
- When applicable, CSS will present new issues/disputes to the MDI board from the monthly dispute call and pre-calls.
- Monthly calls with Financial Services to review Southeast prior months 60+ receivable objectives, discuss areas requiring improvements, existing challenges and areas where collectors need assistance from the district and the CSS.
- Participation in monthly meeting with Equipment Service Managers to discuss top 20 accounts with 60+ receivables and next steps towards resolution.
- Management of top 50 customers in Southeast Region
- Customer Support Specialist will maintain a list of top 50 customers in the Southeast Region. This involves periodically reviewing each account and communicating with AM’s and PM’s more frequently when an account from this list is past due. It also involves placing customer calls when necessary to ensure all efforts are taken to prevent credit holds and submitting to Legal.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong understanding in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel for mathematical computations
- Ability to take data and manipulate data to create reports
- Experience in Accounts Payables, Receivable, and Invoicing is a plus
- Above Average oral and written communication skills needed.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status