Full Job Description
The Business Process Analyst I (BPA) is responsible for maintaining an in-depth understanding of the end to end Marketing Operations CMO key processes, and leveraging this knowledge to optimize and drive process and system improvements that align with the vision and strategies of CMO.
- Support the business through identifying and driving process and system improvements that align with department strategies.
- Participate in process and/or system improvement projects through research and assisting with the development and writing of detailed business requirements.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing to ensure changes introduced to CMO meet department needs.
- Conduct research and analysis for process and/or system projects obtaining input from the frontline business users, leadership, and business partners necessary to recommend solutions.
- Maintain and support departmental controls through timely and accurate distribution and completion of reports/reports feedback.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to support and maintain product and process changes for CMO operation which may include both onshore and offshore operations.
- Identify, assist and/or author in implementing and maintaining Job Aids, IMS to support CMO operations which may include both onshore and offshore operations. Discovers deficits in the processes and provides recommended solutions.
- Supports and develops teamwork, positive relationships and personal growth that align with the business needs and strategies.
- Communicate effectively with non-project personnel by simplifying detailed project and process information.
- Pursue learning and self-development through attending relevant training courses, job shadowing, and establishing personal networks. Develop and enhance business knowledge and skills that align with the changing business needs.
- This position reports to the Core Market Operations Team Leader who, in turn, reports to the Core Market Operations (CMO) Manager.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent customer facing skills and a demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Agility in handling multiple tasks, responding rapidly to changing priorities, and working within tight deadlines.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Sense of urgency for continuous improvement.
- Detailed knowledge of CMO processes
- Working knowledge of all CMO systems and how they interface with other group systems.
- Understanding of Group Profit Center operations and Sales organization in relation to the CMO processes.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education/work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years CMO or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with end user and leadership to gather and assess business needs.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel required.
- Travel may be required, approximately 10%.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years. Every day, we serve approximately 27 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at guardianlife.com
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.