About the job
Remington Hotels, a national provider of hotel management services, is looking for an enthusiastic Business Intelligence Manager that will play a vital role in the development of current and future BI products. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for excellence, focuses on details, and lives & breathes data. The BI Manager will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of development and maintenance, including initial design & documentation, testing & validation, end user support, and providing ongoing system updates. The BI Manager will also be responsible for completing data gathering tasks, strategic analysis, and ad hoc requests.
- Responsible for leading the strategic design of new reporting and analytical tools that will help the company and its end users achieve their operational objectives
- Interfaces directly with Remington department subject matter experts to build relationships and meet evolving BI needs, while documenting business rules and use cases for new and existing BI outputs.
- Ensures that existing BI reports and analytical tools continue to adhere to a high level of expectations, which enhance the company’s overall business decision-making capabilities
- Organize and lead design & implementation sessions, contributing to the overall design of new and existing BI outputs as well as the validity of the data being used.
- Interface directly with corporate and field users to provide excellent implementation, training, and support.
- Coordinates with the Sr. Director of Analytics and BI to interview, train, mentor, and develop Business and Business Intelligence analysts.
- Performing strategic reporting and analysis, both scheduled and ad hoc, utilizing Remington subject matter experts for guidance to deliver an end product with exceptional quality and accuracy.
- Utilize coding languages focusing on data analysis and query extraction to assist with other functions of the position’s job requirements
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical field (finance, economics, etc.) required.
- Master’s degree in an analytical field (finance, economics, etc.) preferred.
- 3+ years of PowerBI experience required.
- SQL knowledge/experience preferred.
- Python knowledge/experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience with accounting and/or financial reporting systems is preferred.
- Must be able to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.