VSolvit has an opening for a Business Analyst to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Corona modernize decision support systems for ship maintenance. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Ship Maintenance Data Improvement Initiative team to identify and refine customer requirements. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Navy and the ship maintenance organizations and able to communicate effectively with end users as well as with the development team. He or she must be inquisitive and able to work independently to identify, clarify and document system requirements. This position is approved for telework, although proximity to the Norfolk area is preferred.
- Research and identify all stakeholders for each project task.
- Work effectively with Subject Matter Experts to gather and document system requirements.
- Identify existing source data tables and fields for each requirement.
- Document and validate formulae and calculations for system metrics.
- Communicate requirements effectively to the technical development team.
- Recommend improvements and alternatives that streamline, simplify or expedite reporting.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with other similar projects and with key ship maintenance commands.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years system analysis experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with military systems commands.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Experience working with NAVSEA or a Regional Maintenance Center.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing business and financial data within a Government agency environment.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Access.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with experience interacting and supporting government clients.
- Ability to take direction from multiple points of contact.
- Excellent customer service skills.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.