About the job
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Locations: Washington, DC
The Performance Department Intern will learn the fundamentals of recording and producing music as well as talk programming within the context of the SiriusXM+Pandora content factory.
This person will have the following Duties and Responsibilities as well as others:
- Establish a basic understanding of the workflow of original programming production from initial technical contact with artists and management, client channels and the internal talent department all the way through to the delivery of a final audio files for broadcast or streaming.
- Provide hands on assistance setting up recording sessions including: microphone selection and routing, headphone sub-mixing, stage plot configuration, main and backup record setups, setlist notation, session notation, interfacing with the Broadcast Operations Center during live-to-air performances as well as being the artist relations point of contact as needed.
- Learn the operations of the C200 Solid State Logic mixing console with hands on experience.
- Provide assistance with Avid ProTools editing and effects processing.
- Work with programming and production departments as an engineering counterpart for special audio editing and restoration projects.
- Complete at least one supervised final mix of a music performance to be broadcast on one of our client channels or platforms.
- Must be a currently enrolled student with a relevant study program.
- Previous internships or work-related experience in audio engineering.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements And General Skills
- Ideal candidate is detail-oriented, responsible, proactive, and highly organized, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner; Can clearly demonstrate this through specific examples.
- Enjoys working independently and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Must love music and podcasts!
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge of AVID Protools or other digital audio workstations. Basic knowledge or audio mixing and console signal flow. MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.