As part of your application please provide a link in your CV to a bulletin demo
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to News Editor, Regions
Overview of job
A fantastic opportunity for a talented journalist to join our passionate, hardworking team based in Bristol,
Reporting to our News Editor, Regions, you’ll be delivering local news bulletins for Heart stations across the West Country as well as providing on-air and on-line content for Global’s national brands like LBC, LBC News, and Classic FM.
You’ll be creative, have a fantastic voice and great writing skills. Experience of producing multiple news bulletins in a busy environment would be ideal.
3 best things about the job
- Working on some of the UK’s largest and most prestigious radio brands.
- A varied and challenging role with plenty of development opportunity in an exciting, ambitious company.
- The opportunity to create unique and exclusive content both on-air and online.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Created and presented news bulletins across Heart stations in the West region.
- Produced creative and engaging content for LBC and LBC News.
- Sourced and produced original, exclusive content.
- Responded professionaly to a big breaking story.
- Developed a full understanding of the different Global brands
Responsibilities of the role
- As a bulletin reader, you’ll have a fantastic voice, write creatively and be able to deliver high quality, relevant, timely and accurate local news and current affairs content.
- You’ll be part of ensuring stories from our region are heard on our national news talk brand, LBC, and on our rolling news station, LBC News.
- You’ll understand the importance of the full range of social and multi-media tools available in delivering a successful multi-platform news experience for our audiences.
- You’ll have sound legal judgement and be well-versed in Ofcom’s broadcast regulations and guidelines.
- You’ll understand the importance of developing relationships with key contacts across our region.
- You’ll have the flexibility to take on both bulletin reading and reporting shifts as required.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- You will be confident working on your own and under the guidance of your Senior colleagues to provide on-target, agenda-setting, news content.
- You will be passionate about news, and eager to investigate and create your own unique and exclusive stories.
- You will have a commanding on-air presence and be confident in your ability to, if required, report live into LBC and LBC News.
- Ideally, you will have experience of producing and presenting news bulletins.
- You will enjoy working flexible hours and always strive to complete a task to a high standard.
- A knowledge and understanding of the key issues affecting the lives of people in our region.
A full, clean UK driving license is essential.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global