Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, seeks a full-time Biomedical Science Writer to work at our Silver Spring, MD, headquarters. (Note we are teleworking for now and have not yet finalized our plans for return to the office.) Palladian Partners is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public. In this position, you will interact with all levels of staff and use your outstanding writing skills on a wide range of print and web projects in support of high-profile clients.
- To be considered for this position, you must be adept at writing for a variety of audiences, from scientific experts to the general public, about wide-ranging health-related topics including the latest advances in gene therapy and editing, stroke risk factors, clinical research participation, messaging around viral outbreaks, and more.
- Conduct research and write web content about a wide range of biomedical research and public health topics
- Attend scientific conferences and summarize proceedings
- Write and edit feature stories, newsletters, fact sheets, and other print and digital products
- Interview scientists and thought leaders at major U.S. research institutions
- Contribute to social media and video projects
- Work directly with clients and collaborate with other staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, journalism, English, or similar field; advanced degree in a life science or science writing is a plus
- Three+ years of science writing and editing experience
- Ability to translate very technical-scientific content into lively prose for lay audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outstanding web and print content on deadline
- Outstanding customer service skills
You’ll Earn Bonus Points If You Have Experience
- Training or education specific to science writing
- Plain language writing or writing and editing for low-literacy audiences
- Crafting messages and using web writing best practices
- Attending and writing summaries of scientific meetings
- Writing video scripts and speeches
- Working in a government contracting environment
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. Palladian prizes diversity in all its forms, and employees work in an environment in which all voices are heard and valued. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.