About the job
Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
About The Role
The Associate Technical Writer is responsible for assisting the technical writing team in developing user and internal help content for all Auctane brands. They collaborate with the Technical Writers and team manager to review and edit self-service help content targeted at users and internal teams. The Associate Technical Writer is also responsible for communicating the status of knowledge base updates with the other writers and ensuring the content conforms to the company style guide, properly using digital assets (such as images), and looking for opportunities to improve content. The Associate Technical Writer must follow established content review guidelines and project management procedures.
- Assist in the content review process as content and copy editor, ensuring all content is not only accurate, complete, and relevant to the intended audience, but is also written in Plain English, conforms to the company style guide, and maintains a cohesive flow throughout the entire document.
- Review and edit help content for the Auctane Brand knowledge bases using the topic-based authoring strategies set by the head of the department.
- Review and edit help content for the Auctane Brand Sales & Support teams.
- Perform regular content audits to ensure all content is up to date and to identify opportunities for new content.
- Provide updates to Auctane brand technical writing projects and task progress within the team project management platform and communicate project / task needs using established protocols.
- Review digital assets (images and videos) that complement and enhance the written content. Manage all digital assets in a centralized DAM using standardized naming conventions.
- Meet regularly with Lead Technical Writer and team manager to report on project progress, identify any challenges or blockers to projects/tasks, and discuss opportunities to improve the content or the strategies used on the team.
Required Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication-related fields (e.g., Communication, TechComm, English, Journalism, etc) – or equivalent experience.
- One or more (1+) years in any Customer Support role.
Preferred Education And/or Experience
- Experience with B2B SaaS platform
- 6 months + professional writing experience in any context (blog, marketing, technical, etc)
Skills And Knowledge
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts using principles of Plain Language
- Writing for multiple audience skill levels
- Writing for Video
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- General understanding of API concepts and application
- Strong Auctane Brand product knowledge
- Basic digital image and video editing skill
- Auctane Brand platform (Station, Easy, Works, Engine)
- ZenDesk Guide
- Confluence Cloud
- Asana, Trello (or similar)
- G-suite products
- Digital image editing tool (SnagIt, Photoshop, GIMP, or similar)
- Zoom (or other related remote conferencing tools)
May be required to travel for personal development opportunities.
Position may work remotely.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled