Full Job Description
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention, to care more about our clients’ brands, and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
About the Content Practice:
The Spark Content Practice is a unique and specialized team inside the larger Spark media agency. We are powered by people. Those who have an unwavering passion and vision for combining all forms of content to develop and produce brand-inspired experiences that flow across touch points and screens. From television and movies, to social, mobile, gaming, and events, we weave storylines together to create fresh and modern content for consumers and brands.
Help lead a team responsible for the development and production of content experiences for multiple accounts and assist in changing the way brand messaging is delivered to consumers to help meet and exceed client business objectives. The candidate will help drive content expertise and work closely within a team dedicated to specific product categories. The role requires a person who is passionate about media, content, creative, production and the details that go into taking a program concept from ideation to implementation and finally to “broadcast” across all screens. This level is also required to participate in and excel at the Publicis Media entry-level training program.
The Associate Director, Content plays a key role in the integration of content strategy and activation into communications planning for a large, high profile client which entails leading projects that support content activation, i.e. recommendations for content themes, partnerships, and distribution.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in content sourcing process to secure high-quality, strategic content from partners. Includes identifying consumer insights that lead to custom ideas, considered set of content creation, co-creation and curation partners and operating requests for content with select partners, from brief through recommendation
- Evangelize the value and impact of media-led custom experiences and integrations
- Maintain relationships with marketing and custom content teams within media companies
- Has a high level of curiosity and interest in pop culture and the entertainment industry – including programming and platforms
- Track performance of content programs, including post-program wrap-ups and recommendations
- Monitor high-performance content brands for case studies and best practices
- Assist client with operation of weekly content publishing forums
- Audit existing client content and customers to identify thematic and/or format gaps
- Manage weekly status reports and calls
- 5+ years’ in marketing, journalism or related field and 2+ years with content marketing responsibilities
- BA/BS in marketing, journalism or related field
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven experience writing presentations, creative briefs, summaries of industry news and/or POVs
- Branded entertainment, entertainment marketing, and product placement knowledge
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Superb presentation abilities
- Exposure to production and general knowledge of the video/television/digital production industry
- Awareness of entertainment and consumer trends and insights
- Superior organization skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams, and oversee execution of numerous projects at one time
- Exposure to working with creative teams and senior management
- Strong client relations skills and ability to strategically think from a client’s perspective
- Ability to think conceptually and to translate concepts into actionable plans to drive clients’ businesses forward
- Entrepreneurial approach to finding and securing new opportunities
- Proven experience in the construction of marketing programs and exposure to contract negotiations for marketing programs
- Highly collaborative team player capable of managing clients, partners, and internal teams
- Conceptual and forward-thinking – comfortable in an ambiguous environment and excited about inventing new ways of working
- Detail-oriented – able to prioritize and juggle many projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Analytical – capable of using metrics to make sound performance management recommendations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.