EDF Trading North America, LLC
EDF Trading North America, LLC is a major participant in wholesale energy markets, and our retail business delivers customized energy solutions for large commercial and industrial consumers, power generation and retail energy providers.
We operate in every market and provide coast to coast coverage of financial and physical products in power, natural gas and NGLs, environmental products and financial crude oil products. We provide our customers with products and services that deliver access to markets, optimize their energy portfolio, hedge risk and manage assets. Our Wholesale Business operates throughout the value chain in the North American wholesale power markets and we are one of the leading wholesale natural gas marketers. Additionally, we provide environmental, congestion management and value added derivative products. With extensive pipeline agreements, we can manage natural gas offtakes, deliveries, capacities and supply anywhere across the continent. For Our Retail Business we provide wholesale fuel supply and structured products for its extensive base of electricity and natural gas customers including gas-fired power plants, large scale commercial and industrial retail consumers and retail energy aggregators.
Our Retail Business is our customer-facing operation providing integrated energy management services to commercial and industrial, power generation, and retail supply customers. Taking into account a customer’s entire energy portfolio, solutions are structured to provide competitive market pricing and to optimize energy usage and generation assets. We offer a complete suite of services to energy-intensive retail customers, from energy supply and hedging to on-site generation management and demand response. And we provide wholesale market access and ISO interface services to a broad network of retail energy providers with footprints across the deregulated markets. For power generation customers, we provide energy management services that encompass fuel supply, scheduling, dispatch, market analysis and risk management all within a single contract. Focused on service, we created a digital integrated platform and customer interface that allows transparent views into energy portfolios and invoices, market prices, analytics, and weather.
EDF Trading North America, LLC is part of the EDF Group, a global leader in low-carbon energies.
Conduct research on market insights, business opportunities, industry trends, competing organizations, customer demographics, and new technologies. Track and record metrics, data, and statistics.
- Conduct market research, and provide data to senior team members
- Develop knowledge of North American energy markets, and assist senior team members with the identification of new business opportunities
- Translate fundamental information into macro- and microeconomic decision support
- Build and maintain databases and metric reporting
- Use mathematical and statistical skills to develop analytical reports
- Utilize coding skills to create analytics tools
- Provide maintenance and quality assurance of data entry detail to ensure proper reporting
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in a field such as math, statistics, business, finance, or engineering; Masters preferred
- Prior knowledge of energy markets such as electricity and gas is preferred.
- Proficient with Excel, VBA, Salesforce, Tableau
- Expertise in other programming languages is a plus
- Statistical software knowledge (such as Matlab, Eviews, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and competing agendas
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to work with a variety of behaviors from both internal and external customers
- Ability to present and communicate to multiple levels
- Strong individual contributor with a consultative style and aptitude for collaboration and teamwork.
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
EDF is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EDF via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at EDF in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EDF. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EDF.