About the job
The University of Pikeville (UPIKE), is actively seeking candidates for an Assistant Sports Information Director.
Learn More Apply Now Share
The University of Pikeville (UPIKE), is actively seeking candidates for an Assistant Sports Information Director. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining of content for UPIKE athletics, producing and editing content for athletic publications, managing statistics, and promoting athletic programs. Under the supervision of the Sports Information Director, the Assistant Sports Information Director (SID) will serve as the primary contact for several UPIKE programs.
- Serve as the primary contact for designated programs including communication with coaches, administration, and the public.
- Write and publish press releases for primary sport assignments to support the communication and exposure efforts.
- Create a brand identity for assigned sports utilizing UPIKE Athletics branding materials.
- Utilize DakStats software for all home games for in-game statistical recording and dissemination to opponents, the NAIA, and MSC.
- Assist with production of any publications and game-day materials for all athletic programs and events.
- Maintain and update the Athletic Department’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) with new video/photo content including, but not limited to, infographics, highlights, recaps, and other content for primary sports.
- Maintain and update the content of the UPIKE athletics webpage on a daily basis. Content includes, but not limited to, rosters, schedules, statistics, news, and staff directory.
- Assist the sports information department in coordinating live video and statistics for home games as well as troubleshooting, setting up, and breaking down of necessary equipment.
- Maintain all archives, which include rosters, schedules/results, photos, statistics, rankings, awards, news releases, etc.
- Actively pursue and execute nomination of UPIKE student-athletes for conference, regional, and national awards/recognition.
- Assists with all aspects of game day management, to include scoreboard operator, Public Address announcer, stats keeper, photographer, etc.
- Assist with special events and promotions such as Bear Awards, Hall of Fame, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sports Information Director and Director of Athletics.
Position requires daily contact with sports information director, coaches, supervisor, athletes, parents, alumni, various campus departments, and the general public in order to communicate information about the athletics department. These relationships are maintained through e-mail, telephone, and person-to-person contact.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in the field of sports information, journalism, or mass communications.
- Working knowledge of rules, strategies, principles, and method of scoring for all 22 varsity sports as well as NAIA legislation.
- Working knowledge of web site design and maintenance.
- Experience working with Sidearm Sports is preferred.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Premiere.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-heavy environment.
- Willing to work irregular hours, which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to adapt to trends in the sport information and technology fields.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience coordinating and managing live streaming operations.
- Knowledge and experience of branding and marketing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively brand and strategize using information in combination with new media.
- The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
- Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
- The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5344.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
Department:Athletics Employment Type:Full-Time Position Type:Staff