FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- This social media professional is a talented writer and social content creator, who will help develop, execute and analyze all Rockies digital media initiatives, with a focus on gameday content. This person will also support the Director of Brand Management & Social Media and Coordinator of Digital Communications/Social Media with club publications, player/alumni relations and other projects as a member of the Communications & Marketing Department.
- Social Media Expertise: Must be a proactive, energetic and creative individual who enjoys
- connecting with people through social media.
- Live-tweeting and game coverage will be a key responsibility.
- Must thrive in the ideation, strategy, creation, development, execution and analysis of content, keeping an eye on industry best practices.
- Serve as a prominent social media strategist for Rockies Twitter, Instagram Feed, Instagram Stories, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and other platforms.
- Web and App Support: Work as part of a team to help maintain an up-to-date online presence for the organization on Rockies.com and the Ballpark app, communicating throughout the year with all departments to ensure accurate information appears online. Also responsible for generating new ideas for features, updates and upgrades.
- Relationships and Teamwork: As a member of the Rockies Communications & Marketing
- Department, this individual is a team player in every sense of the term.
- Actively contribute ideas for stories and content for various internal platforms (i.e. advertising, marketing, Rockies Magazine, Rockies Magazine Blog, etc.), also assisting in editing content.
- Must be comfortable working with players and baseball personnel, always maintaining the utmost respect and professionalism while assisting with player/alumni/personnel activations.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills are mandatory. Attention to detail is a must.
- Content creation skills (graphic design, video shooting/editing and photography) are a plus.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- High customer service standards are key, and ability to build/connect with online communities.
- Ability to multitask, organize and effectively manage a wide-ranging workload is expected.
- Love of sports and baseball knowledge are a must. Practical and/or school experience in sports or related field is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, public relations or related field required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- Spring Training, regular season and postseason (Feb-Oct) hours are non-traditional, including frequent nights and weekends with game preparation/coverage. May include up to 30% travel Feb-Oct.
- The offseason (Nov-Jan) features traditional work hours with various exceptions for special events.
Salary Range: $44,000-$48,000 per year. This is a regular status, full-time position eligible for all company benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest no later than May 7th.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.