The Analyst, Business Intelligence & Analytics will assist Business teams in identifying business solutions through the usage of complex analytics on self-service data for operating, financial, and marketing inquiries. This position facilitates the integration and automation of data analytics, metrics creation (Financial, Operational, and Marketing.) and reporting. Additionally, this position analyzes complex data structures and relationships while designing and developing prototypes for complex, multi-dimensional reports. This role works with business partners inside and outside of Sears Home Services to address key insights and analytic needs driven by data.
- Partners with different Business Unit Leads, IT Management and Data Engineering groups to perform analyses of existing reports using various sources of data to identify critical financial & operating impacts, manage revenue/cost minimization needs, and maintain that impact consumer satisfaction of services offered through Sears Home Services, while ensuring that audiences of the various tools are properly trained on critical systems.
- Works closely with Director to develop and define critical Product Quality metrics across all SHC Business Units and reporting outlets.
- Works with vendors, individual business & service units, and other locations to identify service quality issues and portfolio administration issues. Sets cadence with business & technical counterparts to meet on periodic frequency to identify critical outstanding issues and/or provide resolution
- Play a key role in automating analytic functionalities and propose recommendations/ rewrites of management reports using visual analytic tools and Cloud solutions.
- Consistently provides subject matter expertise to business unit leaders & staff to improve reporting efficiency and on usage of new tools with feasibility
- Work closely with Director and Business Unit Leads to address ad hoc financial/consumer/product/services insights/inference needs in a quick and timely manner.
- Independently works on defining an analytic framework for each business unit and trains business analysts, owners on leveraging framework for insights and reporting
- Strategize and develop automated coding solution for pulling data that would fit the needs of most ad hoc requests so to address the needs of management requests with efficiency
- Layer reporting and analytic/visual analytic solutions on top of AWS & Cloud data hub. Provide SME knowledge to Business owners to automate periodic data refreshes for their reports & analysis
- Keep up with industry best practices by leveraging novice technologic solutions and protocols in addressing data governance and metric validations
- Design metric scorecards to be refreshed periodically for finance, marketing, and operations to measure & evaluate internal/financial success of pipeline services in support of critical business decisions. Utilize existing platforms to develop scorecards and integrate with visual analytic dashboards using Tableau & Power BI
- Suggests opportunities to improve systems to allow for better data integration efforts. Identify recency, frequency, latency of data to be periodically updated/refreshed within source and target systems. Provide SME knowledge on business needs for critical data elements to IT Management and staff.