FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Woodstream has a rich history of over 150 years, and we are an essential, life-sustaining business. We provide pest & animal control products that destroy disease-carrying insects & rodents. We provide a safe work environment including screening, social distancing, and sanitation processes.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Analyst II in Lancaster, PA
OUR BENEFITS ARE EXCEPTIONAL AND INCLUDE
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance effective Day One of Hire
- Access to free Penn Medicine Health Clinic
- Employee Bonus Program
- Competitive 401K Match
- Paid Basic, Life and Disability Insurance
- Accident, Critical Illness, & Hospital Insurance Options
- ID Theft & Legal Assistance Plan Options
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exceptional Work-Life balance
SCOPE & BASIC FUNCTION:
This position supports the financial reporting process related to financial statement preparation. The position assists the Senior Accounting Analyst I analyze, and report results to management/operations to help them understand those results and utilize that information to increase the profitability of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Accounting Manager with analyzing monthly financial consolidation
- Timely and accurate completion of the monthly and year end general ledger closing process including preparation and entry of journal entries.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of trial balance accounts including but not limited to cash, fixed assets, intangibles, prepaid assets, leases and accrued expenses
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts as assigned and analyze account variances
- Assist with collection and preparation of data and supporting documentation for Year End Audit
- Additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- Reports to the General Accounting Manager
- Responsible for monthly analysis of specific P&L accounts as assigned
- Experience with preparing journal entries and account work papers/reconciliations
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of a minor in Accounting
- A minimum of 2-3 years of professional accounting experience
- Ability to communicate with management and peers
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office applications, especially Excel
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID 19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for US based jobs. Medical and/or religious exemptions are considered.
Woodstream is an Equal Employ Opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train and promote without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, marital status, union affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.