Full Job Description
The vision of the Department of Pediatrics Is the healthiest future for all children and families wl.th a mission dedicated to creating a healthy future for all children through outstanding patient care, transformative research, innovative medical education and community-based advocacy. The Department consists of 120 faculty/physicians and 110 Volunteer Clinical Faculty/Without Salary appointments. Responsibilities include support of all academic personnel (including faculty and non-faculty appointments).
- This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager and will provide guidance to faculty to resolve a variety of academic human resource issues of moderate scope and complexity.
- Position will assemble materials for faculty and academic staff appointments, reappointments, promotions, and the search processes for faculty recruitments and ensure compliance wltl1 school and university policies.
- This position Is expected to serve as a backup to the Academic Affairs Analyst 3 in their absence.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Experience working with faculty on various personnel related actions.
- Experience analyzing academic personnel policies and processes to advise others and participate in assessing business processes.
- Experience working as part of a team that develops and delivers effective solutions.
- Experience using analytical skills to research and interpret data and policy, contribute to solutions, forecast the impact of potential actions, develop logical conclusions and/or recommend solutions.
- Experience coordinating large volumes of work; managing detailed projects with conflicting priorities and competing deadlines; and establishing goals and workload priorities.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals at all levels within the organization to secure and/or provide or present information to clarify situations, resolve problems, and to foster and promote the goals of the organization.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, develop and carry out project assignments in an efficient and timely manner, and to provide accurate and succinct documentation of activities.
- Experience writing summaries, proposals, correspondence, and other communications with skills to edit copy for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge and skills to analyze and review financial documents.
- Experience and/or skills to use but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FileMaker Pro, internet, email, databases, accounting, payroll and human resources systems; design custom databases, produce reports and queries using various programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience or skills to learn Academic and Staff Personnel Administration, Resident Physician Subspecialties and Volunteer Clinical Faculty.
- Knowledge and experience with but not limited to: UCPATH, Cognos,), MyInfo Vault and eRecruit systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SISS policies and procedures and good working knowledge of various visa levels and processes.
- Experience using iGlobal.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
- The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.